Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Postgraduate Room

Time flies and now is my 3rd semester for my master study. At last, I got the funding from UPM - GRF. This means that I have to record my attendance by punching a card at faculty. Since I stay very near to faculty, my supervisor gave me the option to be based in campus or home ^^ (she really treat me well in this matter). Then, I chose to stay in campus since I need to assist in teaching for one of her lecture. So, I will have a place at the postgraduate room in faculty.

After I get the permission from the Pejabat Am, the pegawai there assign a place in the room that I didn't expected to be assigned. At first, I think it as an opportunity for me to get to know more postgraduates other than a few students under the supervision of my supervisor. However, that place was still crowded with the belongings of previous RA and the corresponding supervisor. The environment in the room is just like the office, with separators among the tables. I felt uncomfortable with it but I still able to tolerate with it. Suddenly I had a feeling of being an OL, whom is going to work in office.

However, when my senior later knew that I was placed at the different room with her, she immediately suggested me to change to the room she stays. The reason is I have no friends there (I think that I can make friends there). Since that, I got it changed to her room. The place at the room now is more spacious than the previous one because there are no separators among the tables. So, everybody can speaks to everybody in the room (soemtimes even "cross-chatting") and everybody can see what other people are doing at their place. Wow, felt awkward. May be I'm not used to this "open space" because I'm not that expert to hide my facial expression. I afraid that it will upset other people around. It becomes hard especially when we want to have some privacy at our place. Inversely, it's good to comprehend other person better, through their ways they behave.

The open space may be good in long time. May be I just need some time to get used to the environment there, an "open office".

No comments:

Post a Comment